19
Monday
February 2018
11:15 PM IST
News Headlines
Home   | Main News   | Kerala  | National   | International  | Business   | Sports   | Entertainment   | Columns   | Offbeat   | About Deepika 
National News
India has ordered evacuation of frontier Sikkim village: Chinese media
 
(New Delhi, Aug 10, 2017):The army has ordered evacuation of a frontier Sikkim village near the site of a tense India-China border standoff, the People’s Daily newspaper said on Thursday.

The Indian military refused comments on the report by the neighbouring Asian giant’s biggest newspaper, which also happens to be the Communist Party of China’s mouthpiece.

But army sources denied any evacuation or plans for such an action in Sikkim.

The People’s Daily tweeted: “Indian troops on Thu orders evacuation of Nathang village, near site of two-month standoff between #Chinese and #Indian armies.”

The tweet carried a picture showing the two points where the Indian military allegedly crossed the “mutually recognized boundary”.

The People’s Daily account about the evacuation matches reports in sections of Indian media that said the villagers have been asked to vacate their houses immediately.

Beijing has taken an aggressive stand since the standoff between Indian and Chinese soldiers began on June 16. It accuses New Delhi of trespass and preventing its soldiers from building a road in the disputed region of Doklam, located at a strategic tri-junction between India, China and Bhutan.

According to Bhutan and India, Doklam is part of Bhutanese territory. Beijing says Indian troops should withdraw from the Doklam plateau, while New Delhi maintains that the planned Chinese road will have serious security implication for India.

The Chinese rejected India’s suggestion for a simultaneous withdrawal of troops to end the longest border faceoff between the neighbours in nearly three decades.

The Indian Army is said to have rescheduled a routine training exercise of troops from the Siliguri-based 33 Corps because of the border dispute.

Sources said the schedule of Operation Alert, a two-week training exercise for troops to familiarise with the area, was advanced from late September to early August.

India hopes to settle the crisis through bilateral talks, despite the Chinese sabre-rattling.

War is not a solution and India would resolve the standoff with China through dialogue, foreign minister Sushma Swaraj said in Parliament last week. But China has not budged from its stand that India must unilaterally withdraw its troops from Doklam.

Even if there is one Indian soldier even for a day it is still a violation of China’s sovereignty, Wang Wenli, a top Chinese foreign ministry official said earlier this week.

“The Indian side has also many tri-junctions. What if we use the same excuse and enter the Kalapani region between China, India and Nepal or even into the Kashmir region between India and Pakistan?” she asked.


Guj dalit death: Rallies held, Mevani detained
Palaniswami declines to comment on OPS remarks
76 per cent voter turnout in battleground Tripura
AICC plenary from March 16
Indian Banks Association discusses PNB fraud
Former union minister Ponnusamy joins BJP
CBI arrests 2 PNB officials, searches Brady Road branch
India, Iran ink 9 pacts after ‘substantive’ talks between Narendra Modi, Hassan Rouhani
MP police announce reward for untraceable Congress MLA
Sex ratio at birth dips in 17 of 21 large states, Gujarat records 53 points fall
Pune techie murder: Courts can't make communally biased observations, says SC
India believes in growth but committed to environment: PM
Rouhani lauds India's diversity, peaceful co-existence of religions
Prasar Bharati rejects I&B Ministry’s proposal to appoint IAS officer
One dead, 11 hospitalised after suspected gas leakage
PNB fraud PMLA case: ED summons Nirav Modi, Choksi
Manik Sarkar fights against resurgent BJP in Dhanpur
CBI approaches Interpol to locate Nirav Modi
Parrikar taken to Mumbai for health check-up
ED raids in Nirav Modi-PNB Rs 280 cr fraud PMLA case
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
New poster of Irrfan Khan Starrer 'Blackmail released
 (Feb 17, 2018): After receiving an incredible response on the teaser of the film, the makers  
Justin Bieber to take part in NBA celebrity game
Trailer of 'Pari' out !
Filmmaker Sajid Nadiadwala gets honoured by Italian Consulate
INTERNATIONAL NEWS
All 65 passengers, crew feared dead in Iranian plane crash
 (DUBAI, Feb 18, 2018):All 65 passengers and crew were feared dead in a plane crash in central
Saudi women to start own business without male permission
Indian-Origin Officer Neil Basu In The Running For Scotland Yard Anti-Terror Chief
Pakistan minor's killer gets four death sentences
KERALA NEWS
Private bus strike: KSRTC emerges winner, collects crores
 (Thiruvananthapuram, Feb 17, 2018, DG): KSRTC buses have brought in record collection as the
Policeman found hanging
Shuhaib's murder: Six in police custody
Cracker factory accident at Pathanamthitta: 2 dead
Untitled Page
Rashtra Deepika LTD
Copyright @ 2017 , Rashtra Deepika Ltd.